Sunday, April 01, 2007

Rock on wit yo Black self!

On the menu tonight:
Fishbone
The Noisettes
Bloodsugar
Ben Harper
Skindred
TV on the Radio


powered by ODEO

Sunday Night Jam Sessions

Black rocker night! I've been waiting for this one. FIRST, let's let go of the taboo of Black rockers. Nobody is trying to be White when they rock out, they just like being rockers. Besides we invented rock music. So think on that...
No need for me to play JIMI, you've heard him lots from me, so I figured I'd feature some artists you may not have heard yet.

First someone put together a list Decrees Black Rocker List it's active so feel free to leave a comment or missed artist.

Also, I LOVE mohwaks, bet you wouldn't guess that. So I was thinking about the two terms we have in the Black rocker community, Bro-hawks and Fro-hawks. What's the difference you ask? I'll show you;

A Bro-hawk, the person still has a full head of hair and it is somehow maneuvered into a mohawk. Either faux-hawked (pushed up into a mohawk and massive gel) braided or rubber banded.

Bloodsugar

















MG the Visionary
















Fro-hawks are when the head is shaved on the sides and the mohawk part is just natural afro growing out. The Fro-hawk was invented by Mr T. No joke.

thank you Geech for bringing sexy back...















Nature Boy Jim Kelly and son

















Lyende's Lady frohawk

















Sly Stone

















Thank you Mr T. from the bottom of my heart. You made this officially cool. I seriously, pity the fool...











and LASTLY
yours truly
young rocker Venus.
Love that faux-hawk!

been a rocker long before i had a set of warm-ups and adidas... gotta love the 80's.

No comments:

By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com