Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lupe Fiasco - Lasers

I really really had to hear this album as soon as possible, and I needed to hear how it was different from the leaked album. You can tell the parts that Lupe talks about he doesn't like because, they're not quite him. Obviously the label wanted to make money, which was always the issue, they feel like he's too intelligent to be marketable. That may be true, most people aren't into smart minds, just smart looking (nerd swag is SO in). Having said that if you can sit through a few over stylized club anthems, the lyrics blow anything else out right now out of the water.

I can even forgive the overuse of autotunes if I just listen to Lupe spit.
Just a few lines to give you an idea, it really did take almost a week to fully digest this album, it will obviously take longer to process.

Words I never said:
Limbaugh was a racist, Glen Beck is a racist,
Gaza strip was gettin bombed but Obama didn't say shit
*
Now we can say it ain't our fault
If we never heard it
but if we know better, then we probably deserve it
Jihad is not holy war, where's that in the worship?!
Murdering is not Islam and you are not observant
And you are not a Muslim
Israel don't take my side
cuz look how far you've pushed em 

I don't wanna care right now:
Oh-oh Go-Go-God over everything-thing
You fly but stars over everything-thing
And I’m one of them, yeah one of th-the-them
Oh I’m not o-o-one? Well I’m a hundred th-the-then
I’m a hundred mother loving stars
You’re no lights, you’re an undercover car
I’m an ambulance, and a fire truck, and some strobe lights, tied up!
Shining all in your eyes, all out of yours and all into mine
Lights and stars is all intertwined
And I’m feeling like Malcolm looking all out the blinds





Go buy it, and support his album so he can do what he wants on his next on and follow him on twitter @LupeFiasco



No comments:

By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com