Sunday, September 13, 2009

Assouf!

on the menu tonight:
Jace Everette (only cuz it's the true blood season finale, although it classifies as blues)
Africando
Ify Krussade Jerry
Kali
José Mangual Jr.
Tinariwen






Tinariwen - Lulla

So I need to start this with a side story. I was using Audacity today to make this podcast and I decided to go through the genre list (I always try to do that for each one even though I'm hella random) and I came across "negerpunk". Now me being me I instantly thought, they can't mean what I think they mean (niggerpunk) so I google that ish. AW HELLA NAW angry Venus comes out when she reads on Wiki (and elsewhere)
"Negerpunk is German, Dutch and Scandinavian for "negro punk", a derogatory term which is not a known genre and appears to have been added as a joke by the developers." (Wiki) Fuck you punk rock came from rock which came from blues which came from Black people. Get over it.
Seriously I need to find a new program.

Any suggestions for podcasting? email me at bayareavenus@gmail.com

Moving on, I find it semi ironic that I found that today when I'm hosting African Diaspora music.

stay green.
stay ALERT.
happy sunday!
v.

No comments:

By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com