Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mobb Deep - Murda Muzik

Mobb Deep used to be on constant rotation. I was SO mad they fell off.
This album reminds me though, that one day I realized these guys, and most rappers, are depressed and suffering from mild to moderate forms of PTSD. I'm not kidding. Before the era of fake gangsters most of these guys saw real violence and this was their therapy. At some point I didn't want this in my subconscious and it was over for me and rap music. Around 1999 I started seriously venturing out into other forms of music and never looked back.

2 comments:

Gov said...

Mobb Deep used to be one of my favorite groups. Havoc was a beast on production. Still is for that matter. Their features on Hell on Earth were incredible. The beef between them and Pac kinda ruined it for me, but it is what it is. Q-tip's production on the Infamous was incredible to me.

V* said...

MAN! Seriously I used to play them and Black Moon like ALL day. You're right, the production was so dope and was so poignant for the era.

By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com