Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Wanda Jackson - The Party Ain't Over

I haven't had this much fun listening to an album since... maybe The Black Keys or The Dead Weather, and The Dead Weather doesn't count because they are all over this album. It's so so so amazing to hear old and new mesh up so well. I can hear a lot of Wanda Jackson's rockabilly sensibility but at the same time hear the distortion and grittiness notable from Third Man records. I also want to point out how absolutely amazing it is to have this woman, a 73 year old woman, KILLIN it on this album. It's SO refreshing! And I have to add, it's SO Nashville! I love it.

This album is fun, it's clean and no matter what you think about rock music you can't help but want to dance to this. It's been so long since there was a good dance rock album. This album, obviously, leans in the direction of Elvis type of dance rock but it's so much fun! Jackson completely reconstructs You Know I'm No Good (Amy Winehouse cover) in a way that I think only someone her age could to. To me it meant so much more coming from someone with much more life experience (although it could be said Winehouse has a lot of her own). Nervous Breakdown is another favorite as well as Shakin All Over. I can hear how much fun Jack White had producing this album. They have amazing chemistry. The album title totally captures the moment. I hella recommend this album. It's going to be my summer classic.

No comments:

By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com