Friday, May 21, 2010

The Black Keys - Brothers

Three words: Ten Cent Pistol.
I love this band. I even went to the listening party the week before to hear the album ahead of time (granted I think I was there more to hear The Dead Weather, but what a combo! BTW Thanks Amoeba Berkeley, because I won the grab bag of goodies).

Brothers is great. Classic Black Keys, more blues than rock, and an very very organic.

Howlin For You seems to be an ode to Howlin Wolf, which is a huge plus. Sinister Kid, Too Scared to Love You, The Go Getter, Tighten Up are my tops but this album does get a bit depressing at times, but to be fair it is the blues. That's the thing I love about The Black Keys, they pull out that grimy heart-wrenching ache that you're too afraid to admit even exists. (Go buy it!)

And seriously, you need to meet Frank. He's on match.com (lol)

I wanted love
But not for myself
But for the girl
So she could love herself
-Next Girl

No comments:

By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com