Saturday, May 15, 2010

Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs - You Can't Buy A Gun When You're Crying

Hey this album is great! It's so refreshing to hear some originality, kinda interesting to hear an English person's take on bluesy folk Southern music too. But lyrically, this is an A+ and I'm sad I slept on the album this long. The first song I heard by them I played sometime last year on the podcast is "Gettin High For Jesus" which I was waking up to every morning for a couple months is wonderful, happy and you can't help but get up and want to dance. Devil Do is an amazing opening song, and both that and Time to Go are now my favorites.  Clean in Two,  You Can't Buy A Gun (While Cryin) are classics too.
Granted you have to be into this type of music or open minded, but I LOVE it. To give you an idea, it's almost like a female Tom Waits.
get the album here
it will only be up for about 2 weeks after this post ;)

No comments:

By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com