Thursday, December 30, 2010

Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes Covers

audioslave via @DatKidSincere

So the interesting thing about this song is when I first heard it, I heard it on the radio and it was in passing and they didn't say who it was. It was like the day it came out and it DROVE ME CRAZY. I told myself if I EVER heard it again I would remember the baseline and I HAD to get the title. None of my friends listened to The White Stripes at the time, and I was the only one listening to bands like that at the time so asking them was futile. You don't understand, I HAD to find this song again. So about a year later I was at work and I walked into the procedure room and no one was in there and there it was. Playing on my coworkers ipod. I literally dropped my instruments and ran to it. I remembered it.I don't think I've ever been able to remember a song I've only heard once as crystal clear as that.
I've been in love ever since.

On that note there's a billion covers. I wish I had gotten video of The Pharcyde when they opened with it. *sigh* you just can't fight this beat. So having said all that, I KNOW you've already heard the original, here are some covers.

Audioslave


The Dynamics


Benni Benassi - House Remix

and then for nerds like me who want to know how to play the song:

No comments:

By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com