Sunday, December 19, 2010

Madonna - Forbidden Love

I think my favorite music related story (because it sums me up the best) is when the Bedtime Stories album came out I went to Leopolds in Berkeley to buy it. At the time there was an in store Usher CD signing. I not only didn't know who he was, I also didn't really care. I KIND OF cared about being the only Black person (and a Black girl of the same age as these Usher fans) going to buy a Madonna CD, but not enough for me to go to another store. Even the guy at the counter looked at me with a quirk like "that was unexpected." Whatever. This album ROCKED. My favorite Madonna album. This is the album that introduced me to Tarsem Singh as a director too.
This song was produced by Babyface when he was king.

1 comment:

Gov said...

I knew a Gov who used to listen to this album after his mammy had bought it. He enjoyed it. I didn't tell you this.

By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com